Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving. I'm in Florida. Lakota is in New York. I miss my furkid like crazy. She has not been without my husband or I since she first came to live with us, so naturally, I'm a little worried about her and how she's doing. She does have some separation anxiety issues and I fear there is a chance that this trip may worsen those issues. But I am grateful that we found a wonderful friend to watch our pooch while we are away. I'm getting great reports from New York that Lakota is having a blast going on hikes, long walks and wowing her caretaker with what a sweet, loving dog she is. I think she is going to be alright. I can't wait to see her tail wag when we get home!

And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm grateful to share my life with a dog like Lakota. I'm grateful to the people who work tirelessly to rescue wonderful animals like her from almost certain death in kill shelters around the country. I'm grateful for our local shelters and animal rescues who work so hard to find great dogs like her their forever home. I'm grateful that even in these hard economic times, we are managing to take good care of our four-legged friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment