Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lakota LOVES to go hiking. We first discovered this on a trip to the Adirondacks for a friend's wedding at the end of June. As we hiked to the top of Crane Mountain to go climbing on the rocks on the summit, Lakota eagerly trotted along on the trail in front of us.

Since I know how much she loves it, I have been intending to take her out more regularly. Finally, 3 months later, I took her out. We went for a hike on the Millbrook Ridge Trail in the Mohonk Preserve the other morning.

She is so happy to have the wind in her ears and a good scent in her nose. She always leads the way. If she stops to have a sniff and I hike pass her, she has to run ahead and re-establish her place in front. Its almost as if she considers herself my Moses, "I will lead you through the wilderness Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment